Friday, August 20, 2010

DAY 154

Karson is doing fabulous with his trache out. He had a smile the whole day after the trache was out. I can't even imagine how good that would feel. He had a pic line taken out on the same day so the only thing he has left in him, is his feeding tube. He has lost over 100 pounds since the accident. Alot of it was muscle and he wanted to lose some weight but not this way or not this much. We all know about weight....it comes back real fast. I keep talking about the Big Mac I am going to get him, when he can start real food. We start off next week with ice chips and see how he does and then we go from there. His swallow is great and his cough is real strong so he should do great. It is just different right now because he hasn't had anything in his mouth for 5 months from today.......WOW, I truly didn't think, when this happened, that it would be this long and drawn out. I have checked in the U of U rehab, which one of the best ones around in the West, and they sent someone down to evaluate Karson. Now we have his trache out, they can get agressive with physical therapy. We should hear more about the rehab in the next few weeks and when and if we can get him in. I want all of you to know that you have been a huge part in Karson's recovery. Thanks for sticking it out with us and for all of your support. Love to you ALL.

13 comments:

  1. Karson, You must feel so much more like yourself again! I'm so happy for this big step in your recovery. But what a way to lose weight, huh? I love you bud, keep up the good work! Aunt Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karson! Congrats! Sounds like things are going well! I'm so proud of you and think about you everyday! Keep up the good work friend! Love and miss you man. Ringler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karson! We are so excited that you were able to get rid of your trach--hooray!!! Now about the weight...you will be able to wrestle Skyler now! We look forward to that day! We love you so much. Keep smiling!!! Love, Uncle Mark and Aunt Lisa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karson, It's sounds like you are really making some great leaps and bounds. I'm glad to hear you got your trache out and it makes you happy. I'm praying for you buddy.
    Karen Arambulo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear the trache is gone, that is really something to smile about! We know you are working so hard and this is great news. Keep smiling!
    Sterling & Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karson,
    We are so thrilled to hear that you are doing so well without that old trache. You must feel so much better. Everyday will be much more productive now. We are thinking about you always. XOXO
    Love ya,
    Aunt Lana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karson,
    We are always thinking of you and your family. What great news to hear that they removed the trache. "Congratulation! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!
    Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
    We love you,
    Chet, Sue & kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not trache
    That is great!
    Next, Big Mac
    For a snack!

    *>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like Karson is making great progress! Way to go Karson, keep fighting!
    Kelli & Lyman Crisler

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea! We are so excited for you, Kars! I bet that feels so good and you are one step closer to getting that feeding tube out. Jace and I were talking to the kids yesterday and he was telling them how Karson used to catch bees with his bare hands and then come and show them to him. Crazy kid! Keep smilin', we love you! Jace and Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Karson!!!
    I can't imagine how good you must feel right now. We are all so excited for you. Way to keep fighting. We love you all so much. Thanks, Susan, for the wonderful updates. We love you guys and are so happy that the progress is going so good. Keep it up we are all cheering for you. Lots of Love Bruce and Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karson,

    You keep popping up in my dreams frequently and that can't be without reason. I haven't seen you in over six years and haven't talked to you in over five years but I check this blog all the time because I think of you frequently. I love that every time I come to the website you are making significant progress. Keep fighting buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karson I love you so much and I am so proud of you for all of the progress you have made! I can't even imagine what it feels like to be stuck in a bed for 5 months at the mercy of those around you for your every need. I would be SOOOO frustrated! But you have managed to pull through it and not just survive, but actually make progress! You are simply amazing!!! I won't get to see you this weekend, but I'll see you again next week. Love ya,
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete